Friday, March 6, 2009

Janice and Judi, Blogger Friends from Toronto




The above photo is of Janice and Judi standing outside of the Old Posada. My friend Anita and I spent part of the afternoon there with them.

Judi had been reading my blog and arranged to meet me when they came here. I was at first apprehensive about it. I am not very good at meeting new people. I am kind of an introvert, but we all had a great time.

We met at the lake Chapala Society, went on to the Ajijic Tango Restaurant for lunch and then to the Old Posada. Along came two strolling musicians and they serenaded us for awhile. It was overcast as you can see in the photos of the lake. We heard thunder a couple of times but no rain. Beautiful, relaxing afternoon. I am going out dancing this evening at La Bodaga with my friend Anita. Judy and Janice may join us there. I am feeling a little bit guilty for having so much fun when the world seems to be falling apart, at least financially.

Maybe I should be out trying to replace all the money I have lost in these past few months..... No, that would be waste of time. It would take me the rest of my life of working and still I wouldn't be able to replace the losses. It is only money and this is my life. I prefer to spend the last years of it enjoying myself, off the treadmill.....Maybe poor but definitely happy.

When my son set this blog up for me, he said it would be a good way to make friends. He was right! They are only here one week but Judi wants to move here soon. And then Janice may visit her here. More fun times ahead. Thank you David for giving me this link to the world. And thank you Judi and Janice for reaching out to me.

I was finally able to get a photo of the inside of the Old Posada, the oldest building in Ajijic.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad these new friends found you. May your new friendships with them be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I seem to have many long distance friends now. The rewards of the blog. P.

    ReplyDelete