Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Sunday Filled With Music


My friend Anita and I spent nine hours straight listening to music today. We started out listening to a man playing a keyboard at the Hotel Real de Chapala. Then the Mariachis played. They played some songs for me about leaving and returning home again. Home to my friends and Mexico. I cried. It was the accumulation of a couple of days of melancholy. We all went over to La Nueva Posada and they played for the crowd in the garden. After they left, a young man played the guitar and sang us love songs. It was going on into evening and we went to La Bodega to listen to a jazz band. The above photo is in the garden at La Nueva Posada. I am being serenaded by the Mariachi Band. My wrist is still in the brace. (I am wearing a black leather fanny pack that Anita gave me. I know it isn't stylish to wear a fanny pack but it keeps me from losing things, like money and keys. I have lost both when I carried a purse.) I am really enjoying the music and the attention. I don't feel invisible.

The above photo is the front of the Hotel de Chapala.



The two photos above are of the Yacht Club. It is next to the Hotel Real de Chapala. The next four photos are of the street I live on.




4 comments:

  1. No wonder you want to stay. Hurry here to the states so you can hurry back. I'm praying you'll have a great time here, too, and enjoy the fact that you have 2 homes and 2 sets of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue. Thank you for your positive, upbeat e mail. I have been dreading going back. I just need to change my attitude. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of your street are so beautiful that they make me long for Mexico!

    I'm glad you were able to push past the melancholy and enjoy the music and friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, Thank you for writing. Yes, it is beautiful here. I leave in two days. I had another wonderful day with music and friends. It is going to be culture shock to return to the isolation in the States. Patricia

    ReplyDelete