Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Line Dancing

This morning I went to a line dancing class at the lake Chapala Society. It is my first class and I could only make it through half an hour of it. This year and a half of knee and wrist problems have kept me inactive and now I am out of shape. There were thirty seven women in the class and one man. Those odds sound about right. There are far more women here than men.

I was never interested in line dancing. I don't like Country music for one thing and I thought line dancing went out of fashion many years ago. But in the evenings at la Bodega just before closing there are several line dances. Everyone seems to be having so much fun, even the waiters and the owner of the restaurant get out on the floor. They speed up the songs towards the endings and it looks like a great workout. But I am going to have to get into better shape before making a fool of myself with all those experts. I had no idea that line dancing was so complicated. Did you know that there are over eight thousand different line dances???

I am going to see the doctor on thursday. I am concerned about this wrist not healing.

It is overcast this morning. Yesterday I got into a discussion with my friend about when it rained here last. We have both been here almost six months. We could only remember one day of rain but we couldn't remember what day that was. I think it was six weeks ago. Soon the rains will come. I will be in the States when they start.

No comments:

Post a Comment