Sunday, March 8, 2009

Saturday, International Women's Day and Trip to Scorpion Island

Horses next to the park in Chapala and across the street from the lakeside restaurant where we ate lunch.




Top three photos were taken in Chapala at the last waterfront restaurant. It is next to the park.














Scorpion island.



The boat ride to Scorpion island. Mariachis singing to us all the way.

The pier in Chapala as we left for Scorpion island.

Chapala pier.









These photos start at the bottom and scroll up. I put them on in the wrong order. Saturday my friend Anita and I were invited for a boat trip out to Scorpion island, La Isla de Los Alacranes, by two of the Mariachi musicians. We started out at the boat launch in Chapala.
There was a dance for the day of International Celebration of Women. Anita asked me why we don't celebrate it in the States. I said, I don't know. There is no day for men either. She said, Every day is Men's Day. Tito and Chito, the Mariachis, understood this much of our conversation and laughed. They agreed.
Tito is the man with the guitar and Chito has the harp, which he made. He also makes violins. Both are excellent musicians and singers. They played and sang romantic songs to us all day. It was especially beautiful on the boat. They brought tortillas which they threw into the air for the gulls to catch. I took some photos of the island and the shrine on it.
Then we went back to Chapala and had lunch by the water, across the street from the park and the horses. Tito and Chico never tired of serenading us. Anita and I had our own day for the Celebration of Women. We were celebrating our own lives.
I am going to have to study Spanish if I am going to continue hanging out with these handsome Mexican men. But there are many more interesting things to do than study. It is a problem I will have to solve.

1 comment:

  1. HI Juliana, Thank you for reading my blog and for writing to me. I really appreciate getting feed back. It is nice to feel appreciated. I hope you do keep reading. patricia

    ReplyDelete