Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dying for Love

Would you risk your life for your dog? Over the week end the lake was extremely choppy. I thought it seemed more like the ocean than a lake. I read this morning in the paper that a forty four year old American man drowned at the pier in Ajijic, trying to save his dog's life. He had been throwing the dog a stick and he saw the dog struggling in the water. He jumped in to save the dog and he drowned. He had half his life ahead of him and he lost it for the love of his dog.

It seems such a waste of a life. Tragic. Yet I know if I were in the same situation I would have done the same thing. We love our animals. I bet many of you would have done that too... Foolish, but what love isn't foolish???

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I would risk my life for MY dog. She's a rather rambunctious adolescent Lab mix. But if I was really attached to a dog, I'd probably try to save it.

    How sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, Thanks for writing. Sounds like you have a lot of love for that dog. Under pressure I bet you too would jump in the water to save her. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me really think about my dog, Lola. Here's a post I wrote about her today:

    http://basketcase-adventures.blogspot.com/2009/03/lola-la-la-la-la-lola.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, Thank you for sharing Lola with me. What a character. You need the advice of Cesar Millan.... Have you seen him on TV? I read his book titled Be The Pack Leader. Good book. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I have seen him on TV. He's amazing. I didn't know he had a book. Thanks for the recommendation. We'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, I got a lot out of his book. You don't have to let a dog rule your life. Both you and your dog will be happier if you learn how to be the leader of the pack. Patricia

    ReplyDelete