Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Routine and My New Bank Account

I am a creature of habit. Maybe that is one reason I relate so well to dogs , cats and most other animals too. We love routine, to know what is expected. This is why I am not a good traveller. I am a going to one place and staying a long time kind of person.

Same breakfast at the same place every morning. A walk through the same neighborhoods. Lunch at Gigi's. Afternoons at home in my garden or in the garden at the lake Chapala Society, reading a good book. Evenings out at a local restaurant for live music and dancing. Sundays at Hotel Real De Chapala with the Mariachis. Saturday nights dancing to the Cuban Band. A movie every so often, maybe a yard sale, if I can find one.

If it works, don't fix it.... But tomorrow I am going to take the bus to Jocotopec. Hope to get in some photos of new things. I don't want to always be putting on photos of the same things. I know my routines can be boring to anyone else.

I took many more photos of the Mariachis when they were singing around our table this afternoon, but photos get boring. Music never gets boring, at least to me it doesn't... For many years I have been collecting CDs of my favorite Mariachi and Cuban music. I have walked many miles to this music. But nothing can compare to being surrounded by real people, singing love songs and smiling at me. When I am in the midst of all this energy I can't help but thinking, How did I get so lucky? Or, This is my idea of heaven.....

When I am too old to walk or leave my bed I will think of these days of love songs. This is my new bank account which I am investing in every day here. My bank account of beautiful memories......I may have lost a small fortune in my bank account in the States but I have already built up another fortune in happy memories here in Mexico.

3 comments:

  1. I like your new bank account Patricia. Wealth comes in many forms. We should all count our blessings. You have inspired me to start my own blog as I'm about to begin my own Mexican adventure. http://senorbris.blogspot.com/ Thanks for sharing your journal.

    Keith Bris
    Mesquite, Nevada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments Keith. I am happy to have inspired you to write. It is an adventure. I will check out your blog and put it on my site. Hope you will put mine on yours too. Again, thank you. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keith, I can't get your blog. Am I missing something in the address? Nothing comes up when I put it on google. Thanks, Patricia

    ReplyDelete