Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday Afternoon Walk, Stubborn Females, Reality and God

Another photo of the lake.

The above photo is from this morning in the garden at the lake Chapala Society. It is a magical place to me.





The two above photos are of La Bodega. I moved into La Floresta neighborhood so I could walk to the restaurants in the evening. La Bodega is only three blocks from my house. They have live music there every night. It is an indoor outdoor restaurant. It is partly open on the inside.

When I was on crutches a couple of months ago, I hobbled to the restaurant. I thought I could walk all the way to the doctor's office. I couldn't. I saw that yellow taxi pull up just as I was asking the woman who works there to please call me a taxi. I thought it was good luck that he arrived just then. I asked him to take me up to the doctor's office and he said okay. Half way there he told me his car wasn't a taxi. That he was a waiter at la Bodega and he was just pulling up to work. He and the woman had been laughing and then I knew why. But he was very nice to give me a ride anyway. He always says hi to me and calls me by my name when I show up at the restaurant.



I would love to live up in that room. I bet it has a great view of the lake. The tree is full of blue flowers but my camera never shows up the flowers. (Jacaranda Trees.) I haven't given up trying though.

This house is close to where I live. I think it looks Moroccan. Many houses here have that look.




The above three photos are of my favorite restaurant, La Tasca. I love it because it is right on the water. When I came down here almost six months ago, that parking lot was entirely under water. Now I can walk a long ways along the lake front. There is live music at La Tasca almost every night too. The owner, Roberto Cerda, is a wonderful guitarist and he plays there often. My son played two gigs there when he came down for Christmas, another reason I am so fond of the place. Good memories!!!


Another lake photo. Some people believe this is a sacred place. I may be one of them.


A woman weaving with her tapestries strung up between the trees. This is by the lake. What a great place to have a business.

Children swimming in the lake. Try to find them in the photo....
Trees on my walk home. It looks like spun gold is covering the limbs. With a better camera maybe it would show up. You have to use your imagination as you do about those trees filled with blue flowers that never show up with my cheap camera.

This man is a local. I see him often around the lake. His name is Pedro. There is a photo up near where he is sitting of him and his burro. It says Pedro "Loco" Y Margarete. Margarete is his burro's name. Pedro said he was married once but he prefers the company of his burro now. He said both were stubborn but the burro doesn't talk back.
His friend Jim was sitting at the bar with him but Jim refused to let me take his photo. He did most of the talking for Pedro. He said Pedro had been a lawyer and a Quantum Physicist in the States. He said that Pedro had written a book about Quantom Physics.
Pedro refuses to answer any down to earth questions like, Where are you from or how long have you been here? He will only answer questions like, What is the nature of reality?
I couldn't understand much of his answer to that question because he is very soft spoken and the music from the bar was loud. Something about when you split an atom, parts of it fly off and appear thousands of miles away and that is God. Too deep for me. I would call Pedro a Mystic......or a "Loco"? Maybe it depends on your point of view. Or maybe he is both.

Jim has been here many years. He noticed my brace. He said he fractured his arm once. I asked him how long it took to heal and he said, Never. It never healed. .... I didn't like to hear that. I had just come from the doctor. I made an appointment for next week to see him about my fracture. I too would prefer to talk about the nature of God than practical matters like fractured body parts that never heal.

Door to a shop down by the pier. Purple is my favorite color. Blue is next. Blue skies, purple flowers. I am in heaven.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures...I find myself looking and reading your Blog many times a day...Call my Mom maybe she can help you with some of your pictures. She e-mails us beautiful pictures of Ajijic, the lake, the beautiful flowers all the time. Try her at Eliainajijic@aol.com Elia USA# 630-621-3208 or Ajijic # 376-766-0981

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will call her. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. At full size on my computer screen, I could see the blue flowers, and there were the beautiful children swimming. I know it takes some effort to tote along your camera, then upload the pictures and comments, especially when you are still slowed down by the wrist injury - Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of the tapestries is amazing. You are very talented to get such gorgeous shots with your cheap camera.

    I love the story of the physicist. And the stubborn burro and wife. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sarah. I really appreciate your positive feed back. Patricia

    ReplyDelete