Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Photo of the Spun Gold Tree

Morning walk. Today is yet another Mexican Holiday. There are so many holidays here that I can't keep track of them all. I heard someone complaining the other day, an American, because they mostly fall on Mondays and that is the day the maid comes to his house. Because it is a holiday he has to pay her and she has the day off. So if you get a maid or gardener here, avoid Mondays and Fridays too. Friday is another day they frequently take off. They also take off for various other reasons, mostly having to do with family. Don't ever expect to control the schedule of a Mexican who is working for you. You are just the observer.

2 comments:

  1. I fully agree about the Monday thing. Some years ago we had Monday garbage pickup, and would simply miss out on those that were holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, Good to hear from you again. I am glad you are still reading my blog. Patricia

    ReplyDelete