Monday, January 12, 2009

Real Estate in Mexico

I often look at the real estate flyers and magazines that come out here in Ajijic. Most of the homes are spectacular. Many of them have swimming pools and views of the lake. This is a haven for the wealthy. There are too many choices for me to even begin to decide. That is, if I were wealthy and could buy one of these mansions.

Ajijic is one of the most expensive areas. Chapala and Jocopetic are more affordable. It would take weeks, maybe months, to see all the homes for sale here. I think I will stick to house sitting. That way I can have a variety of living experiences and none of the headaches. If something breaks down, I just call the owner. If I get bored with one area, I move on. It is not a bad way to live. Maybe if I were married I would feel differently about moving around so much. For now, I am happy with the freedom. No car, no bills, no ties. It is like one continuous vacation.

My son read this post. He says that houses here are not expensive or for the wealthy. He says that an average home in the States costs as much as homes here. Maybe they just look like you would have to be wealthy to own them. You judge for yourself.....here is a site that has real estate on it and also rentals. http://www.casamexicorealestate.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment