Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hot Springs

Yesterday I went to the hot springs with my daughter-in-law. She loved it. I did too except that I slipped and fell on my bad knee. Broke the skin and bled so I couldn't get into the extremely hot pools. But it was nice to swim again. I think my knee will be well soon if I make a few more trips out to the pool. They raised their prices again. Every couple of months it seems that they raise the entrance fee another ten pesos. It is now 140 pesos. The higher price hasn't slowed down the visitors. The place was crowded. I didn't see many North Americans or Canadians. But many Mexican families. They bring mounds of food for picnics. In the States that kind of activity wouldn't be allowed. You buy the food inside at the consessions. No bringing in your own food. But Mexico is different that way. When I was in San Blas I saw many families bring their picnics into the outside restaurants. No one complained about the lost business.
Another beautiful day in paradise. I will miss my family. They leave today for the States. It has been the best vacation of my life. I will be looking forward to their next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment