Monday, January 12, 2009

Late afternoon at the Lake Chapala Gardens and the Ajijic Pier




I went to the Lake Chapala Society Gardens around five this evening. The light was soft and brought out all the colors in the flowers and plants. I couldn't resist taking more photos.

I walked the two blocks down to the Ajijic pier again and watched the sunset while my friends went to an AA meeting in the back garden at the Lake Chapala Society. There are many AA, Al Anon, GA and OA meetings here. I think there are AA meetings almost every day of the week. They are large meetings for the size of this town and many of the members have long term sobriety. These are English speaking meetings. The only meeting I haven't seen for people speaking English are NA meetings.

I am not a meeting person. I get uncomfortable and want to be out walking around. I always think I will go to lectures or meetings about various subjects but when the time comes, I pass and go on a walk around town. There are meetings here every day. Clubs galore.

I may go to the camera club one of these days and learn how to erase the photos on my digital camera. I can't go much longer before my camera is full. Too bad I don't have an instruction book for it. I am not cell phone savy either. I don't know how to erase or pick up messages on it. One of these days I will be dragged into the twenty first century. I don't like all these electronic gadgets. They just seem to make life more complicated. But here I am typing away on a blog. I am surprised at myself. Guess I will have to change my self image.
Now I am getting e mails from people from all over the world. They think I am the expert on Lake Chapala and I have only been here a few months. Less than a year total..... Mass communication. A blessing and possibly a curse. I don't want to lead anyone astray. Lake Chapala is my heaven but it might not be yours. My friend from San Blas has told me for years that she had found her PLACE in the world and I was always a little envious when she said that to me. I hadn't found my PLACE until I came here. But my place may not be yours. I can only find answers for myself.

I have signed up to help out on Fridays at the LCS with membership. I am not much of a volunteer either but this community has done so much for me that I want to pay it back with some of my time and energy. I enjoy doing it because I get to meet new people and learn all about them. I like to see what brings them here. Sometimes I think of the underground railroad. Stations along the way. When people ask me online all the kinds of questions about this place I think, I am just one of the members of the underground railroad, guiding people to a new life of freedom. I have a vivid imagination. Don't take me too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment