Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ajijic pier and surrounding area





This afternoon I took a walk down to the Ajijic pier. It was quiet. Just a few people out on the pier. I rested at the outdoor restaurant and took a photo of a proud little boy with a fish he had just caught. Behind him is the man made walk way. It is built up from sand bags painted white. People like to walk their dogs on it, a substitute for the flooded beach.
I walked into town. There were more people crowding the local restaurants, mostly Mexicans. Probably people from Guadalajara. They like to come out here on week ends. I don't blame them....I am missing my family. Sometimes it is hard to live alone, even though it feels like a paradise here. I know my sad feelings won't last. There is too much to see and do here to stay sad for very long.

2 comments:

  1. I so much enjoy your stories and photos about life in Mexico. Something for me to dream about this winter.

    My wife and I have been to Ajijic 3 times now, but due to the economy, we'll have to skip it this year.

    Good luck. I hope you meet many new friends there. If we ever get down there, my wife and I will take you out to dinner and we can chat!

    Jack + Virginia, Portland Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, This is my first visit to your website. I find it very fasinating. My husband and I have been to MX a couple of times, but to the state of Oaxaca and Veracruz. Our son-in-law is from Veracruz. I want to ask you a question. My daughter teaches Spanish to 8th graders. I thought how great it would be if they could correspond with you. They might be able to learn more about Mexico than just reading stuff in a book. Would you be open to something like this? Please feel free to be completely honest. I don't know what your daily schedule is like and I won't mention it to my daughter until I hear back from you. Either way, I will continue to check your blog from time to time. My husband and I have loved our trips to Mexico and want to go again to explore new places. Thanks. Carol

    ReplyDelete