Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Doctor's Office Again

On Sunday I tripped on a rock, slid across the lawn for a few feet, hit my head against the brick wall of my house and broke my wrist in two places. I didn't know it was broken until this afternoon. It wasn't healing and I thought I had better see the Doctor.

I walked up to Dr. Leon's office. Waited one hour and he sent me over for an x ray. A very nice man who was waiting in the office offered to drive me the few blocks to the x ray office. He dropped me off there. He also took my house sitting card and said he might call me. He lives in a house with a pool. What good luck.

The x ray took twenty minutes. The technician called a taxi for me and in a few minutes I was back at Dr. Leon's office. I have a broken wrist. Broken in two places. Dr. Leon joked with me about my walking on a bad knee for fourteen months. He said I should have a cast since he knew how hard I was on my body. After promising not to take off the wrist brace, he finally agreed to let me have that instead.

This entire doctor and x ray experience cost me 450 pesos, plus 50 pesos for the taxi. The exchange rate is around 14 pesos to the dollar, making it under forty dollars...... Plus no long wait in either office, no undressing , no getting weighed, no sitting half naked in those cold rooms.......

I am left handed. I hurt my left hand. I won't be typing much for awhile.

5 comments:

  1. I found your blog through that MSN article too and I must be one of the 200 people still returning.

    I'm sorry to hear about your wrist. Be good and keep the brace on so you can type more sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you heal quickly. I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. take care of yourself, I so look forward to reading your daily stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Patricia, i was doing a search on Dr. Leon and your blog appeared. He is going to speak at a seminar my company is doing at the Hotel Real de Chapala at 4pm on Friday, Apr. 3. Our seminar is free and the subject is Medical Emergencies in Mexico for American & Canadian visitors and residents. We will have a wine & cheese reception immediately following. i hope you can attend! Regards, Cathie LoCicero, SkyMed International. cathie.locicero@skymed.com cathleen.locicero@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathie, Thank you for that information. Unfortunately I will be in the States at that time. It sounds very interesting. I see Dr. Leon again next week. Hoping to get a photo of him and then I will post this information along with his photo. Patricia

    ReplyDelete