Friday, January 23, 2009

My E Mails

I have received so many emails that I can't answer them as fast as I would like and I want to let people know that I will answer as soon as I can. It is overwhelming, the amount of responses I have gotten in the past few days. I leave the computer for a few minutes and come back to five more emails. I want to answer all your questions. But I don't have all the answers. I am new here myself, having been in the Chapala area for less than one year .

I think a lot of the questions have to do with fear. Fear of the unknown...I totally understand. I had a lot of fear about moving here. Last week I gave my car away in the States. This gave me major butterflies in the stomach. I have my place up for sale, but nothing is selling in my area. Anyone interested in buying a mobile home in Red Bluff, California? Didn't think so........

I had many fears before I made the decision to stay here and I still have fears. It is like learning to swim. I can't teach anyone how to swim in an email. You really have to just face those butterflies and take action. I would suggest a short trip first.

I never dive into the deep end of the pool. I put my toes in the water first and then a little at a time. (I have visited Mexico for a few months at a time since 1991.) But that is my style. I just want anyone who has written to me to know that it may take a little while for me to answer you personally. I want to keep up with the blog too. Many of your questions will be answered in the blog. And I thank you so much for your positive responses.

I spent two years writing and rewriting a book about living in Mexico. When it was finally done, I couldn't get it published and no one liked it!!! It is exciting for me to be able to write something and have people read it and respond positively.

Thank you. And please be patient with me. I will answer your e mail as soon as I can. Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment