Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday Market in Ajijic in Mid July

Pottery. I love the bright colors.



When this little girl realized I was taking her picture she gave me a huge smile.


This artist is working with a palate knife, doing intricate paintings. He liked having his picture taken too. I love to see people smile.

Not a very clear photo but I wanted to post this elderly woman carrying flowers on her back for sale.

The above two photos are of baby chickens and baby quail. One box of chickens has been dyed bright colors and they are wearing tiny visors. I feel sorry for those chickens. How long can they live painted bright colors and wearing visors? You know that old saying, If God had wanted chickens to be bright colors and wearing visors he would .......

Above is Anita and one of her kittens. She always has a dog or a cat in her lap at the market. She saved my life last week. A stray mother cat brought a kitten to my door in the night. She wanted to bring it inside. She had been attacking Chico for months, jumping on his back with her claws. I didn't know what to do. I talked with Anita and she said I could bring the mama and her baby to her stand. I did that. Two days later I heard meowing and found two more babies. They had been outside in the rain all that time. I called Anita and she sent someone to my house for the babies. Then this week she told me that she also gave the mama cat two more babies. So all is well. The mama cat adopted the extra kittens..... Anita saved me. I was frantic with the crying kittens and anxious dog....

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful world you live in, where pottery is arranged in dazzling colors, and little old women wear flowers on their backs, and handsome artists smile when you take their pictures, and kind ladies take pains to assure that little kittens are cared for. And then there are the brightly colored baby chickens with the visors! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, Yes, you did a good job of summing it up. It is a very beautiful world here. I feel so blessed. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, I loved the Anita story. I hope I can meet her whenever I get back SOB.She has done so much for animals during her years in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, Yes, she seems like such a loving woman. The animals here are lucky to have her. Patricia

    ReplyDelete