Friday, July 3, 2009

Tlaquepaque with Friends

Sign on a store window. Top says, Close your eyes.
Next sign says And Open your soul. Alma also means Spirit. I like that saying. But please open your eyes long enough to see these photos.

Above photo is the entrance to the Patio Restaurant. It is easy to find, in the heart of Tlaquepaque. Great food and atmosphere and the women mariachi singers come in the afternoon. That is exciting.

As I have often said, There are few men in our social circle. My friends have found one for themselves.

Not a good photo but these are the Women Mariachi singers. Sorry, I didn't get the name of the group. What a treat to hear women playing my favorite music.



There are many interesting stores in Tlaquepaque. It is more upscale than Tonala. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything.

This little boy was chasing the pigeons but he got distracted by my camera.

One of the many beautiful and peaceful garden restaurants in Tlaquepaque. But this is the low season. I haven't been there during the high season yet. They might not be so peaceful then.

Mary and I felt threatened by this policeman. He came over to us looking like that and we thought we were in trouble. We looked at each other with fear in our eyes. What had we done wrong? But it turned out that he was just being friendly, or maybe he was flirting.

Above is the garden at a Bed and Breakfast in the heart of town. Rosa Moranda Bed and Breakfast. Morelos No.270, Tel. 01 (33) 3657 0626. http://www.rosa-moranda.com.mx/. rosamoranda@megared.net.mx. The woman showed us around. I like the place and may buy my son and daughter-in-law a night there for a Christmas present.

These workmen saw me taking a photo of Mary with the policemen and they wanted to be part of the action. So I took their photo too.
Mary asked to have her picture taken with the policemen. She said so she could prove to her friends that Mexico is safe. Police on every corner. But I think there was more to it than that. Those are handsome men.

Mary with her own Mariachis.

Me with the waiter at a beautiful garden restaurant. Photo of it is next.


The two above photos are part of a Sergio Bustamonte gallery.
The above photo was taken inside the ceramic museum. It is an interesting place, especially when it is raining outside.



Mary is holding hands with another boyfriend.We had a great day in Tlaquepaque. We went there and back on a bus chartered by the Red Cross and it cost us less than ten dollars each. Plus the money went to a good cause. The Red Cross has a day trip once a month to different places around the area.

4 comments:

  1. Stop...stop...stop, you are making me homesick for Mexico!!! Especially The Patio restaurant in Tlaquepaque. LOVE their food and entertainment. It looks like you gals had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, I agree with you. The Patio is a great place. You are welcome to come to Mexico and join us. We are having fun here. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dry sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sarah. Usually people don't relate to my sense of humor. I just do it for myself. Patricia

    ReplyDelete