Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Disadvantage of Living in Mexico, Few Yard Sales


These are yard sale addicts looking for a fix, myself included. There were so many of us at opening time that we had to take numbers. I was number 58. So I didn't get to go in during the first group. It didn't matter because everything was out of my price range. A set of about five cooking pans with lids for almost four hundred American dollars, old chairs for a hundred or more..... I finally found something I thought I could use, a surge protector and it was only 45 pesos. That is less than five dollars but when I got it home I saw that the light doesn't go on. So I don't know if the surge protector part of it works. Maybe it is just to be used as an extension cord. I don't want to risk burning out my computer because I bought a useless surge protector at a yard sale. So much for bargains at yard sales. The sales here are few and far between and always expensive. Now you know why there are so many Mexicans at yard sales in the States!
These two cute girls were selling cookies that they made at the Wednesday Market.
After I went to the yard sale I walked to the Wednesday market. She is holding very pale pink roses. The roses are beautiful. The woman is beautiful. I can't miss as a photographer.
I put this morning photo of the lake on because if you look very closely you can see the towns on the other side of the lake. I don't see them often. And with a better camera you could probably see more. I have decided to go to the States for five and a half weeks. I want to see my family and take care of more business up there. Buy a camera. I also want to go to some yard sales. You can see, it is slim pickings here in Ajijic. I leave Aug. 8th and return Sept 18th. I will take my computer and keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment