Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Flirt or Masher??? It Depends on Your Point of View

Remove Formatting from selectionYesterday I was waiting for Anita to come by my place in a taxi. She was late so I was standing near my yard for quite awhile. This young man was picking quayabas in the tree across the street. He called me over as if he had something terribly important to say to me. So, being at loose ends, I went over to try to talk with him. He offered me some quayabas and I said no. Then he got out of the tree and walked over to my yard. He was trying to get me to sit next to him in my yard. I didn't know exactly what he wanted so I took his photo. Then he said, A kiss???? At this point I didn't know whether to be flattered or afraid and offended. If I were thirty years younger, I probably would have gotten angry. But at almost sixty five years of age, a man wanting a kiss from me is kind of flattering. He doesn't look like he is even twenty years old yet. But I was a little concerned as to how to get him out of my yard without offending the poor guy. Right then, my landlord drove in. The young man quickly left. My landlord was questioning me about the young man. Why was he in our yard? I just said, Oh, he is just a neighbor......

No comments:

Post a Comment