Friday, July 10, 2009

Chapala, Near the Lake

There is going to be a parade in Chapala on Sunday. I don't remember the name of it now. Some religious day. There are so many of them here. I can't keep up with them all. Maybe this ship in front of the church has something to do with it.
It is Friday and Chapala is already full of tourists. Looks like it is going to be a big week end.

The two above photos are of Bonnie and Clyde's Hideaway. It is a small motel, or maybe you could call them apartments. My friends Lizz and Bobby have been coming here every few months. The rooms are very small and it is right across the street from the church bells. They said, You get used to them. You may wake up every hour when the bell rings and say to yourself, Now it is three a.m. and then you go back to sleep for another hour. No problem.

Above is an old mansion that has been for sale for a long time. It must be very expensive. Prime real estate but it would cost a fortune to either take it down or fix it.

Above two photos are of Alfredo's California Kitchen. They have a huge menu of hamburgers and other things. I like their hamburgers.
Above two photos are of an ice cream shop across the street from the waterfront. I had just gone swimming and was tempted to buy one but I am trying to diet. It is hard here with so much good food around all the time.

4 comments:

  1. wow. was that ship a float in the parade? pretty cool if it was. hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian, Thanks for writing. Maybe it will be in the parade on Sunday.... I am clueless. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a very fun weekend. I look forward to seeing more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, So far I haven't taken any photos. Kind of lazy this week end. Maybe I will jump on the bus into Chapala and take some of the parade. Patricia

    ReplyDelete