Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Evening Thoughts

Evening thoughts on my life. I haven't been writing much here lately. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by things that have been happening to me. I am starting to regain my sense of balance once again. Maybe I can get back to writing. I am not going to go into the things that have been going on with me. No need. We all have bad times and there is no reason to dwell on them. I am just grateful to be back home again.  Chico has been a great comfort to me. He never stops loving me, no matter how long or how often I leave him. I also received a beautiful note from a reader that came at the perfect time. It brought me out of my black hole.

So what is happening in Ajijic? I have been so isolated at the last house sitting job that I haven't gotten around much. I have noticed more strangers in town. The high season will be in full swing soon. I don't think the recent violence is going to keep people from coming here. There are too many nice things about this place for it to be rejected.  I certainly have no desire to move away.

The rains are starting to come less often but we still have overcast days. Today was one of them. The nights are still warm. Recently in the mornings I have seen Mexicans in the street with their sweaters on. They are so much more sensitive to the cold than people who come down from winter in the States. I often will see a Mexican in long pants, a sweater or a jacket and a cap standing next to an American wearing a short sleeved shirt, sandals and shorts.

I don't have anything profound to write about. I just wanted to write again. That is important to me and a major way that I regain my sense of balance. I deeply appreciate everyone who takes the time to look at my blog. Thank you. And thank you for commenting.

6 comments:

  1. Your lovely pictures bring a lot of us "out of our black hole" regularly.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patricia. My name is Esther & I live in IN. My boyfriend & I have a friend who lives down there, has for a few years. His name is Dale Ritchie...just in case you may know of him. We are planning on moving down there in a year or so. Dale gave me your blog site a few months back & I check you out all the time. Thank you for all the beautiful pictures & I hope you do write again...as often as you feel. Hope things are better for you. I will comment again, also. Enjoy the beauty that surrounds you & thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Esther, Thanks for writing. Yes, I know Dale. He is a good friend. Thank you for looking at my blog. When I see Dale, I will mention you to him and thank him for giving you my blog address. P

      Delete