Monday, December 19, 2011

A Sunday Walk to the Ajijic Plaza and Art, Craft and Food Show

I thought there was a parade but it was just this girl using a box for a drum
Sister of the drum girl

Window, I thought it was interestisnsg
Mirror for sale at the art show
jewelry for sale
A bar on the plaza
sleeping plaza dog
My friend Pedro
Part of the craft sale
Which one is real?
My friend Carolina
Traditional Mexican food sale
There was an art and craft show on the plaza and also a sale of traditional Mexican foods. Many of these foods are not sold in the local restaurants.  You not only bought the food, but also the dish that it came in.  I didn't buy any of it. I know that many of these dishes are spicy hot.  My stomach can't take food like that anymore but it was fun to see them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia -

    Oh your pictures of food always make me so hungry for it! :) Aside from the spicey factor, how safe is it to eat the food from vendors at the markets? It all looks so yummy!

    And I always love it when you have pictures of Pedro. What a wonderful character!

    I hope you have the loveliest Christmas and wish you all the best for the coming New Year.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara, Thanks for writing again. About the safety of the food. I have gotten sick eating food at expensive restaurants and also street food. You never know when it will hit..... That is Mexico. Yes, I love Pedro too.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. P

    ReplyDelete