Sunday, December 4, 2011

In Bed with a Cold

I have been in bed all day with a bad cold. This is the first time in several years that I have gotten a cold. I forgot how miserable colds can be. I have no energy. I hope it won't last very long. It is very cold up here and I am not used to it. I can hardly wait to get back to Mexico. I have said this before and I will say it again-- I am very spoiled.   Mexico has spoiled me with the beautiful warm days. I love my family and I will miss them but I would much prefer that they visit with me in Mexico instead of the other way around. From now on, I hope to only come here in the summer. I am glad my son and daughter-in-law had a good trip to India. I am glad I was able to help make that happen for them by house and dog sitting while they were gone. But I will be happy to get back to my own life.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia

    I am so sorry you have a cold..I am just getting over one..it started with a BAD sore throat and now a cough...it has been a week ( not fun ) I read your blog daily and have been for almost a year now..actually I met you on the bus from Chapala when you were coming home from the dentist ..it was late Apr early May of this year..we are coming back in Feb for 10 days to look for a month's stay in the fall..my hubby just retired and I hope to in 2 years if not sooner :-)
    I am also "devistated" to read about the crime in the village..........I hope you are feeling better and your cold is all gone by the time you fly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you and your husband. I appreciate your good wishes. Hope you will be well soon too. I wanted to get to know you and your husband when I met you. Please contact me when you return. Hopefully, I will still be there. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do Pat

    BTW....I LOVE all your pics ...they are GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia,

    Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I am jsut now getting around to reading your blog and catching up. I have been super busy the past two weeks since Thanksgiving. Like you I have not been sick for many years and I dread getting a bad cold. I hope you get to eat some chicken soup and get much better real soon.

    Sincerely,

    John Brown
    Houston, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I really appreciate the compliment. P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you John. I am feeling better today. P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had one for three weeks. You are fortunate that you don't have lots of money tied up in Mexico. Many people own homes and I bet most wish they had not bought. I love it in Mexico, but my husband does not feel safe there any longer. So we will probably travel elsewhere until things improve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Barbara for commenting. I sure understand how you feel. P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you are feeling bad Pat, Oregon weather will do that to you.. You should feel much better when you get back Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi NWexican, Thank you. I am counting the days now. I return this coming Monday. I am torn between not wanting to leave my family and wanting to be back in Mexico and warm again.... P

    ReplyDelete