Thursday, December 15, 2011

Police Report, Murderer Apprehended

So far I have received two forwarded e mails saying that the murderer of the expat Chris Kahr was apprehended in Guadalajara. News travels fast here. I am expecting to receive several more of the same e mail today and within the next few days. This young Mexican man has confessed to the murder and to several other crimes that happened recently in the Lakeside area.

I think the entire community is breathing a sigh of relief this morning.  Maybe the recent crime wave is over now. I hope so. This crime wave has been of concern to all of us. I talked with a woman last night whose house has been robbed three times within the last year. She is tired of it. She hasn't had enough yet and isn't ready to move away but she is tired of being robbed.

So what is enough? I am reminded of a story about the frog in boiling water. Here goes:  If you put a frog into a pan of boiling water it will immediately jump out. If you put a frog into a pan of cool water and slowly heat it up to boiling, it will sit in there until it boils to death.   End of story.

I guess I am in the slowly heating up phase, not ready to jump out yet, hoping it will cool down soon. I have such a wonderful life here in every other way that I too am willing to risk the crimes. Maybe things will get better. Besides, crime is all over the world. (My mother said that I always went around with rose colored glasses. I have to agree.) 

In the time that it took me to write this post I received another forwarded message about the same thing. I may get dozens of these within the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. Patricia: Hola im so sorry about this, im from Mexico but living in USA for a long time,im sorry for what is going on around Chapala Lago,it seems the violence is escalating around us,but if you look around you, you still find miracles still,so enjoy life even if you have to swallow that lump, Happy Holidays for you and the rest of the world.Maria desde little town in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing Maria. Happy Holidays to you too. I think things are calming down here now. Hope so. P

    ReplyDelete