Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yard Sale Blues in Mexico

There are very few things I don't like about Mexico. The only one I can think of at the moment is the yard sale situation here. I am an avid yard sale shopper. I love the excitement of finding treasures for pennies. But here in Mexico yard sales are few and expensive. I went to one the other day with a friend. There was a nice pair of Puma tennis shoes, just her size. The woman wanted forty American dollars for the shoes. That is typical. Sometimes things are more expensive in yard sales than in the stores. It is a big disappointment for me.

When I am in the States I see a lot of Mexicans at the yard sales and now I know why. Sometimes in Mexico I see piles of clothing with Goodwill tags on them. Since clothing and other things are expensive here and cheap in the States, some people make a living by bringing things down to sell.

My friend and I left that yard sale after looking around and buying nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment