Friday, July 23, 2010

Life is Good

Tomorrow is the yard sale. How I wish I could do THIS in the morning instead........  Oscar has a great life. As you can see, he gets enough to eat and plenty of snooze time. He has actually trained my son and daughter-in-law to cook for him. He gets brown rice, eggs, meat, sometimes fruits and veggies. He gets all the good stuff that they have left over. He loves cookies.

Do people believe that they own dogs? I think it is the other way around. I can't see Oscar out there in the garage, wearing a little apron with change in the pocket, haggling over the price of a pair of old shoes.  Sniffing them, yes but not selling them.   He has his priorities straight.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    As I read this my dogs were pestering me for their daily walk. It's really hot here, and I don't want to go, but they will be so sad if we don't go. So I think you're right. :)
    But I love dogs!
    Best of luck with the yard sale tomorrow! I'm off for the W A L K. I have to spell it or else there's too much commotion! (Although I don't think they can read it yet!)
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, Thank you for the good wishes and for writing. We love our dogs, don't we? They are so lucky. I have seen so many stray dogs in Mexico, unloved and unhappy. Life isn't so easy down there for the animals. Patricia

    ReplyDelete