Monday, July 5, 2010

An Evening at La Bodega with New Friends

I hadn't been out at night since I returned from my three months of house sitting. Guess I have just been too lazy. Watching a video on my computer was so much easier. But over the week end I met a wonderful couple, Bob and Brenda. They have been reading my blog for five months. They invited me out to dinner at La Bodega, Karaoke night. Bob's sister Patricia and her husband Ray also went out with us. They have all just been here for a couple of weeks and are returning to the States early in the morning. 

It was such a pleasure to meet them. I loved seeing two couples obviously still in love and happy after being married many years. Ray and Patricia are the dancing couple in the last photo below.
 It was also good to see my friends Caesar and Jose, the waiters. The next to the last photo is of Brenda and Bob. I felt like I was looking into a mirror when I was with Brenda. We could be sisters. I don't often meet women who look like me. She isn't sure she wants to move here, not just yet. She still has a SOP on the States. SOP is short for Sense of Purpose. I hope she decides to come here eventually. She feels like a sister in spirit. Sorry this post is all messed up. I don't know what happened to my formatting. I am glad I am going to see my son in the States soon so he can help me to get things back in order. I can't manage the photos or the writing at this point but I wanted to get this online. One of these days I will hopefully learn how to do this computer stuff. For now, I am just stumbling along in the dark. Thank you Bob and Brenda and Patricia and Ray for the memorable evening. I hope you all come back soon.                     

No comments:

Post a Comment