Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pork Roast at the Club House at the Raquet Club

I went to the fundraiser for AMSIF at the Raquet Club on the 25th. My friend Stacey was very involved with it and she reserved a table for us. Loretta and Dawn also went. Dawn kindly drove us there and back. It was a lot of fun. They had a silent auction. I took photos of some of the things in the auction. The children came and did folk dancing. I noticed how different some people live from how I live.

Many couples were there. My single friends and I don't have much contact with this group. We don't have that much in common with them. I watched the women as their husbands brought them cold drinks and paid for items in the auction. The women were dressed far better than I dress and they had this secure look about them. Their concerns were different from mine. I felt kind of envious. But I was also glad that I had my single friends to keep me company. I have been married and that didn't work for me. You know the old saying, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence......

 AMSIF is an organization to help out poor families, through helping the women and children. They do many things for the San Juan Cosala community. I was glad my 150 pesos for the ticket went to a good cause and the food was delicious.

Silent Auction Pottery

Swimming Pools at the Raquet Club

Folkloric Dancers coming to dance for us
Crowded tables at the Pork Roast
Silent auction pottery sculpture
Silent auction jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment