Friday, December 4, 2009

Shopping in Tonala

The sidewalks were so crowded that I could hardly walk on them. The booths are in front of the shops. There are several blocks like the photo above. Exhausting.

There is a glass blowing factory in the heart of Tonala.





I saw many food stalls but I was hungry for an omelet for breakfast. I found the above restaurant. I thought the price was right, 35 pesos. But as I put in my order they charged me ten pesos for each thing extra, like vegetables and cheese inside the omelet. Turned out not to be so cheap.




























The three photos above are on a side street. The man, another green eyed Mexican, runs the taco stand. We had a conversation because he speaks English.











I was going to spend the night in Tonala but the photo of the hotel did not match the reality. I would never have recognized it from the photo. It was grim so I came home on the Red Cross bus instead. The Red Cross trips are a lot of fun and only cost about fifteen dollars. I didn't want to spend any more time in Tonala.

No comments:

Post a Comment