Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Part 3 of Morning Thoughts

Man cleaning the pool
This has not been my day. I went to the pool in Christiana park and the man was cleaning it. He wouldn't let me swim. It is supposed to be open everyday except Wednesdays. But now I remember the many times I went there during other days and it was closed. You can't count on it being open... No wonder no one is ever there.

Then I decided to stop by the real estate agency and ask for another agent. I forgot to say that the agent who didn't meet me this morning spoke perfect English. But knowing a language and listening to what someone is saying to you are two different things. Anyway, a nice woman there said, "You wouldn't want to live there."

"Why?" I asked.

"Unless you want to live in a neighborhood of Cholos and drugs." she said.

Not likely. So I went on my way, knowing that my first instinct to say no was right on. This is what you get here for almost thirty thousand American dollars: a falling down, tiny cement house with no yard, in the neighborhood of Cholos and drugs......

One good thing that happened today was the delicious steak lunch at the American Legion.



No comments:

Post a Comment