Friday, September 20, 2013

Morning Thoughts


I have been kind of lax in keeping up my blog. This rainy weather is distracting but it looks like it is going to start clearing up again. The mornings are very gloomy but by the afternoon it is nice again. I try not to write when I am depressed or feeling negative about something and this weather has really gotten me down.

I have been going to the San Juan Cosala Spa in the late afternoons and it hasn't been crowded at all. The rainy season is the best time to use the spa because not many people are around. I bought a Swimp3 player in the states through E Bay. (I love to shop on E Bay.) That is a waterproof mp3 player. I was using it up in Portland and it makes swimming for an hour much more interesting than just counting laps.

Last night, I went to a singles event at a local restaurant. Of course, it was mostly women. I had a nice meal and then took the bus home. It was a beautiful, clear night and it was the first time in months that I had been out walking around alone at night. I felt perfectly safe. I should do that more often.

It is good to be back in Mexico but soon I will be going to Portland again for the month of November. I will miss all the Day of the Dead celebrations. I forgot about them when I booked my ticket online. Maybe I can find some events in Portland.

I have one house sitting job coming up in a week or so. It is in Chapala. I will take lots of photos of Chapala. I love being there. It is so different from Ajijic. I also love the little dogs. They follow me everywhere. It is nice to be needed, even if it is just by dogs. Or maybe, being needed by dogs is the greatest gift of all. Their love is unconditional! 

12 comments:

  1. Is there a senior membership for residents at San Juan Cosala Spa????? It sounds so lovely there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a DIF card, that is a senior card, it is cheaper. And it is also cheaper if you have a Lake Chapala Card. And you can pay for the 20 ticket pass for around 200 dollars. P

      Delete
  2. How have the 2 storms coming from the Pacific and Atlantic at the same time affected lakeside?

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia, I so enjoy your postings. Tell me from your perspective how Chapala and Ajijic are different. We have spent time in Ajijic and visited Chapala, but not for an extended period (just day trips).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie, Thanks for the compliment on my posts. I think the simplest way to characterize Ajijic and Chapala it this: Chapala is more of a Mexican town. Ajijic is more of a gringo town..... So that makes Chapala much less expensive than Ajijic. p

      Delete
  4. I would much rather be loved by dogs!!! They are such a treasure. I sure hope that you will not be moving away from Chico. He should be with you since it sounds like you are his main caretaker/companion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorrie, Thanks for your support. Yes, I feel like I am his main caretaker..... Maybe I won't have to move. P

      Delete
  5. Very good explaining & very detailed :)
    Where is Chapala & Ajijic lay on the map ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chapala is east of Ajijic. I don't know how many miles but it only takes maybe fifteen minutes to go from Chapala to Ajijic on the local bus. P

      Delete
  6. Pat, has your power been out with all the rain and if so, how long does it usually stay out? I guess your place is stocked with candles??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lorrie, I have only been back about a month and it was out for two days at the beginning of that time. It goes out fairly often in Lower La Floresta. And no I am not that organized to have candles around. I just suffer through. P

      Delete