Sunday, February 26, 2012

Home Again

I have been house sitting for a week out in West Ajijic. I came home last night. Since I have had a cold and sore throat, I didn't leave the house unless it was to walk the dog. It was in a beautiful home. I enjoyed sitting in the garden. But there is no place like home.  Riding in the car through town, I saw all the people out and about. Saturday night. Looked like a party at Gossips Restaurant with Chinese lanterns over the street next to it. People crowded around laughing. People were everywhere and I thought to myself how lucky I am to be living in this town. I also thought that when I get over my cold I shouldn't be so afraid to walk around town after dark. I miss all that excitement.

Last night when I was in bed I heard music playing until late in the night. I enjoyed being surrounded with it because it made me feel more a part of all that activity that I saw when I was in the car. I live close to the heart of town. There is a restaurant a couple of blocks away where the expats hang out and also a huge bandstand up the street where the Mexicans have their parties. It was a busy Saturday night. I was glad to be back here with Chico. He missed me. He stayed close to me all night long. I missed him too. Thank God for the love of dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment