Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Morning Walk with Chico in Ajijic















It was a beautiful morning. Perfect weather. The flowers were all photographed within one block of my house. Chico and I had a great walk. In my previous post I wrote about poor Mexicans looking for money from the wealthy Americans. I saw my neighbor on my way home. A week ago two Mexicans stole her dog out of her yard. Her neighbor saw them do it. She has posters up all over town with the dog's photo and "reward" on it. She told me that someone called her this morning. He is asking a thousand peso reward. That is a lot of money by Mexican standards. She is angry at the entire situation, from the dog being stolen to being asked for so much money. She said she was on her way to see the dog and she wasn't sure if she will pay out the money. I said, But you love that dog. She said, No I don't. And if he doesn't act like he is extremely happy to see me, I won't get him back.... Poor dog, he has no idea of the pressure he is under. I can understand her point of view. It is no fun to feel tricked and used, robbed because of our love of an animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment