Saturday, October 17, 2009

Singing Contest at La Bodega

I am in the above photo, being silly with the beautiful hat.

Above is one of the contestants, Chavo. I left the contest before it was over so I don't know who won. Chavo had the most points when I left but people were buying votes. The contestant with the most votes got an extra five points added to his or her score. I will have to ask Anita today what happened.
Anita and I borrowed the hat for photos. The owner of the hat was one of the contestants. He and his brother, Caesar, both competed in the contest. I don't remember his name. They both are very good singers. Caesar is one of the waiters at La Bodega. The two brothers are in the photos below. Caesar is wearing the blue shirt.


The singing contest lasted a few weeks. Last night was the final night. The place was packed. Each night was to raise money for different charities. Last night was for the Catholic Church. The Priest got up and said a few words at the beginning of the evening. I am sure they raised a good amount of money. It was a successful series for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment