Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Kitten

four days later
I am mostly a dog person but for several years the cat across the street followed me around, meowing and meowing. I finally gave in and started feeding her in the mornings. Within a few months, another cat showed up. (You can see where this is going.) and then another and another and this time it was a kitten. All the cats were wild except the first one. They wouldn't let me get near them. They just wanted to be fed. I always fed them on a high brick stand so Chico couldn't get to them. He hates them all.

One day, the kitten didn't show up. After several days of not seeing her, I thought she may have died. Then as I was going to look at my new furniture, my friend pointed up to the ivy by the stand and there she was. I thought she was dead. She didn't move when I reached up for her. One eye was swollen shut and I could feel her spine.

I took her to my friend Leslie's house. She is a cat person. She took this poor kitten and for the past few days she has nursed it back to health. She just sent me the before and after photos. But that before photo was a few days after I handed it to her. The first photo would have looked like a dead kitten. Now she is no longer wild. Leslie said that the kitten loves to talk to her and cuddle. But Leslie already has a dog and two cats. (Vet bills are high here, sometimes more than people doctors.)  This kitten needs a home. Can you take her? If so, please let me know. It looks like Leslie named her IVY, probably because she was found in the ivy at my house.

6 comments:

  1. ivy-what a sweet name for a kitten. she is precious and i hope someone will give her a loving home. too bad it can't be me.

    have a great week!


    teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Teresa, Good to hear from you. Can you imagine, trying to send a sick kitten all the way to Japan? P

      Delete
  2. Thanks Patricia! Ivy is doing so great today. She's got a great personality! She's walking around strongly now, but she doesn't wander off. She sticks to me wherever I go. She's a true delight. I hope I can find her a good loving home. She's very affectionate. She still needs more care until she's 100% -- but I'm sure that will be in just a few more days. As you know, besides my own animals, I pay all the expenses (food, litter, medical) for 5 other animals. Thanks for getting the word out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie for being so wonderful to Ivy and all the other animals in your care. You are a blessing. P

      Delete
  3. Any stray kittens I have adopted all had worms, so they were skinny.
    It is best to deworm a kitten once it is strong for round worms. JMO.
    P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you P. I will pass this information along to Leslie. P

      Delete