Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Morning Thoughts


I am back at my casita. So far the water is still on.  I am hoping it will stay on at least until time for me to go up to Portland next week. This problem is too stressful and involved for me to try to fix between now and then. So if I run out of water, I will have to live without it for a few day or go stay with a friend. I am hoping for the best and I won't have to leave here between now and my trip. I love my home. Chico does too. 

Living in that apartment near the plaza finally put to rest my fantasy that I would be happy up there. I wouldn't. Without sleep I am a wreck. Nothing is fun or interesting. I can't sleep with too much action going on all around me. I thought I would be going to the plaza everyday but I only went a couple of times. I was too tired to care.

I just spaced out on the couch in the living room and flipped the channels on the television. That was not easy either because there was no remote. I had to keep getting up and doing it manually. Oh how we are spoiled. Years ago, we used to have to do that all the time. The technology has improved since then but not the quality of the programs. There isn't much that is worth watching. Of all the hours I was there I can't remember ONE program that I thought was interesting enough to watch all the way through. So I was up and down all through that so called relaxing time. So glad to be back home where there is no television set to tempt me into vegetating. I can keep busy packing my suitcases.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Patricia,
    I agree about the TV shows. I have probably 100 channels, and when I was sick, I couldn't find one interesting show! Wishing you the best as you prepare for your trip.
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Thanks for your feed back. I thought I was just being overly picky... Good to know that you feel the same way about television. p

      Delete
  2. I am not sure how to work this blog, so this is my second attempt to reply. I was interested in the idea of renting the larger house from your landlord and then sharing it. I was hoping to hook up with someone else who might like that idea. I also will be in Portland Aug 1-16 and thought that I we could talk if you are there during that time. My name is Tanga, I will be in Ajijic for a month in October with the eye to settling there, and I would love to connect with you and others already living there or in Chapala. tanganika10@yahoo.com 850 291 2288

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanga. You did get on. I know it is difficult to get past that spam filter but if I don't have it on, I get too many people who just want to advertise on my site. I will be back to Ajijic at the end of July. I believe my landlord is planning on staying here but there are many wonderful places for rent here now. Contact me in October when you get here and we can meet up. P

      Delete
  3. My wife and I watch shows primarily from PBS (public TV), and besides the sports shows on other networks (which my wife is not interested in), they have the only shows we enjoy together. We watch these shows all the way through. As for the rest of the channels (100+) they are absolutely worthless.

    I don't know how fast your internet connection is, but it's possible to watch US and UK TV shows on your PC provided you know a little trick. I'll tell you about it when you come up to Portland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would appreciate that very much. p

      Delete