Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Favorite Photos


I spent half the morning going through my photos just from this past year, looking for my favorites. I came up with about 150. I am not very good at weeding them out. There are so many that I am fond of and that bring back good memories. I have several more years of photos to go through. But I may just give this project up for now. It is overwhelming. I noticed that the further back I go, the fewer photos I like. Maybe that means that my photos are gradually getting better. Or it could mean that the longer time between when I took the photos and now, the less attached I am to them.

I had this idea of printing some of them out, maybe having a little photography show. Maybe I can do it sometime in the future when I am able to be more objective about them and can weed more of them out.

I have my favorite subjects: sunsets, the lake, dogs, food, a few buildings, flowers, LCS grounds, musicians, the outdoor market, babies, children, beautiful young women, handsome young men, old people, families.... Okay, I love to photograph PEOPLE, living their lives.  

I had this idea that maybe there would be a lot of people in town in October because of the Games in Guadalajara. I thought about selling photos in the market or on the street but I have never been good at marketing. I always spend a lot of money creating things to sell and then I can't sell them. It takes an entirely different kind of personality to do marketing. It is not me.   I guess I will put this project on the back burner along with my idea of writing another book.  Oh well, I am having fun and that is really all that counts in the long run.

I put on my favorite photo from yesterday's market..... Puppies in a cardboard box.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh how adorable!!! You should try selling some of your photographs Patricia. One idea would be to put them on blank cards so people can use them as note cards. I made photocards from my favourite photos and gave them as gifts one Christmas and people loved them - or at least that's what they told me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie, Thank you and thank you for writing. I have thought about doing that, making note cards. I just don't have much confidence in that direction. But I am so glad you like my photos. Making money isn't everything. Sharing them is more important and I can do that here on the blog. Patricia

    ReplyDelete