Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Out To Lunch

Panino's special Spaghetti. Delicious!
Me with Mario
This is my first time out of the house in almost three weeks. My friend Mario took me to Panino's Restaurant. I felt like I had just taken a hit of acid. Not that I do foolish stuff like that. But I did acid a couple of times when I was in my early twenties and as far as I can remember, it was very much like my outing. Maybe because all of my senses were opened up from no outside stimulation for so long. I felt aware of everything around me, and even expressions of people's faces half a block from me. It was overwhelming. I am going to have to take this returning to the world a little at a time......right now I am out to lunch in more ways than one.

9 comments:

  1. I recall my first trip out of the house on my crutches. It felt like freedom. But getting rid of them was much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get out. Great explanation of how you were feeling -- what a trip! I think we should always be this aware, well maybe somewhat more aware so as not to be overwhelming. It's kind of like when we returned to the US from a year in Yugoslavia (with food shortages, no fruits or vegies in the winter, etc) and went to a supermarket for the first time -- overwhelming, and I could just stare -- was unable to make decisions about what to buy.

    By the way, the spaghetti looks awesome -- will need to try when we come back. Glad you are doig better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for writing. Happy Thanksgiving. I appreciate your feed back. Life is interesting, good and bad, all interesting. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought this post was to funny, glad you are getting visitors and food, great pictures from your friends! See you Monday!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Love your comparison! I am so happy for you to finally be able to get out and about. I tried calling you a little while ago but no answer, so I'm assuming (hopefully) that you're out on the town again! Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for being such a good friend! Your friend, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl and Billy, Thank you both for being such great friends. Don't know how I would have made it these past six weeks without all the help from my friends. See you Monday.I will call when she arrives. Thanks. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leslie, Thanks for being such a great friend. I just tried calling you too . You must be out having fun. Happy Thanksgiving, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginger earth2gingerATearthlink.netNovember 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM

    Glad you're able to get out & about! How about you being my guest for lunch this weekend? I can pick you up. Email me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ginger. Sounds like fun. I don't have your e mail address. E mail me. Petwalker4@gmail.com Thanks, P

    ReplyDelete