Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Is Today Tuesday?

Half the day I thought it was Sunday. A friend called me last night and asked me what time it was here. She was calling from the East Coast in the States. I told her by  my watch it was six in the evening. She said my watch was about two hours off. I have been going by this watch for a week now. It doesn't make any difference what day of the week it is or what time it is if everyday is the same. I am still housebound. But I can tell that my ankle is healing. Maybe one day soon I will be able to leave the house again. In the meantime I sit on the front porch in the sunshine. I know it is time to go to bed when it gets dark. I get up when the sun comes in my bedroom window.

I am reading a good book. I am doing some writing. Friends come by to visit. Not a bad life. It is going to be very strange for me to get back out into the world again.

The cat I am taking care of here finally has decided to trust me. She came and sat by me today and let me pet her for a few minutes. A few days ago she left me a dead lizard on the porch. Cats are so different from dogs. They take so much more patience. You cannot rush a cat. I feel blessed that she finally is trusting me enough to come near me.

I appreciate all of the little pleasures life brings to me while I am stuck in this chair. Maybe one day I will even look back on this time with longing. It is a time of much peace now that I can see that I am healing. I know now that one day I will be walking again. Maybe I will remember to take more time out of my days to just do nothing. The way my days are here now. Doing nothing can be a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment