Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Morning in my Room

Chico has finally learned to live with the cat.
I was going to make up my bed this morning but I couldn't bring myself to disturb Chico and Olive. They were sleeping so peacefully.

Yesterday I picked up the Guadalajara Reporter and on the front page was an article about a man who freaked out when his little girl was bitten by a mama dog. (She tried to pick up one of the puppies.) The man doused the puppies with gasoline, threw them against the wall and set them on fire. All while the little girl watched. Then the poor, confused mama dog carried around the charred bodies of her puppies.

This article made me so sad. Animals are innocent. The mama dog was just protecting her babies. I don't know why this article affected me so much. I hear about people and animal abuse all the time. But it did. Maybe because I am so attached to my own animals.  The article said that there may be some laws passed to make it illegal to abuse animals here. That would be a positive step. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pat: I seldom get my bed made either as I hate to disturb my 2 cats.....Pets are such wonderful company....they ask for so little and give so much pleasure. :) P>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for writing. You are so right.... I feel blessed. p

      Delete
  2. Happy to see Chico and Olive relaxing. Absolutely horrified to read the rest of your post, though, about the mother dog.
    So awful and sad.
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Thanks for writing. I feel the same way about what happened. p

      Delete
  3. I missed the part where the cat actually became your cat and got a name - she knew what she was doing when she picked you out, I bet she said to herself: "There's a woman who will take good care of me, I'm not letting that one get away."
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, Thanks for the laugh. She is a very smart cat. p

      Delete