Friday, December 28, 2012

Morning Thoughts


I have been getting photos of snow up north. I feel so lucky to be living here in all this sunshine. It is a little cold in the mornings and evenings. It gets down to forty degrees at night. But that isn't bad compared to what I have been hearing from snowed in people.

It is finally getting quieter here. I am guessing that this week end is going to be noisy again because of the upcoming New Year's Holiday. Mexico is a noisy place. Don't even consider living here if you don't like noise. My friend down the street is dealing with a neighbor across the street from her who has been renting out his huge yard for parties. They go on all night. Around three a.m. he cranks up the music even more and they don't stop until morning. She isn't sleeping much. She has a beautiful and very expensive home. That is no protection from noise. The police won't do anything about these parties either.

If you are interested in the Christmas traditions in Mexico, I just wrote about them on Accesslakechapala.com. It will be on the site in a day or two. Look under blogs. 

Countdown for me to the day of my surgery, Jan. 3rd. I am so glad I waited until after the holidays to have it done. But now I am getting worried. I keep thinking of ways to get out of it. Fortunately, my friend Leslie is keeping me from doing that. I have had this problem for over ten years. I always thought that if I had thyroid cancer I wouldn't have survived this long. But cancer is very slow growing in the thyroid. I may have it. I won't know until the surgery. It is usually easy to get rid of but who knows if that is true after ten years. I don't have a lot of faith in doctors.  So I may be paying the price for that distrust.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment