Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Everyone

I had forgotten what it is like to spend time with children as the adult in charge. I sure didn't feel like I was in charge during my little outing yesterday with the kids. First off, the movie was cancelled at two because not enough children showed up. We were the only ones. I had to figure out what to do with them for an hour and a half before another movie started. That is a long time with two little children. Especially with a boy. Boys have so much ENERGY..... I raised a boy but it was so many years ago that I totally forgot about what boys do. They are always busy. Yesterday I had to watch the boy like a hawk. The girl, she sat quietly with her hands in her lap during the movie.

With the boy, he couldn't keep still, squirming around on the seats, trying to sit on the bars in the front row, wanting to go to the bathroom and finally wanting to leave half way through the movie. WOW boys can be exhausting.  I may have to rethink my plan of taking them to the movies again.  Maybe I can just enjoy them from my lounge chair in the back yard. Yes, that is what I will do.... I am too old for the little adventures with them..... I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.  Especially all the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment