Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friday the 13th and More



Yesterday was Friday the 13th. I would like to say that I am not superstitious but I always feel relieved when that day is over. Bad things often happen in our lives and through the years if they fell on Friday the 13th, I would put them in the back of my mind to keep my superstition going. Yesterday was a good day. I went out to lunch with friends. I sat in my yard with Chico. I watched Mad Men on my computer in the evening. My landlord came home after a few weeks in Canada. Chico was so excited that he couldn't stand in one place. He was running all over the yard and up the stairs and down the stairs and up the stairs again. Jumping over bushes.....He loves his daddy.

It is hot here now in the afternoons. The days are longer, which I love. I can sit out in my yard all afternoon and even after dark. This is my favorite time of the year here. Last year May was a scorcher. Well, relatively speaking. It didn't get over a hundred degrees, usually in the mid nineties. June was hot too. Then the rains came and cooled things down.

It is much quieter in town. Most of the Easter vacationers have gone home. There is a free concert this afternoon at two at the Lake Chapala Society and a yard sale in the morning nearby. I will meet up with friends at the concert. As I have written many times on this blog, LIFE IS GOOD FOR ME HERE. I am grateful for every one of these beautiful days filled with bird songs, friendships and sunshine. And also grateful for the people who write to me on this blog. Thank you......

No comments:

Post a Comment