Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Pitahaya--- Dragonfruit.

Pitahaya on the left, Mango on the right.
This is such a beautiful fruit that I decided to buy one and try it out. A small step to doing new things. It is very soft inside and you can eat it with a spoon. The outside acts as a bowl. It is from a cactus plant and is only in season a short time of the year. It has a mild flavor. I read that it helps lower cholesterol, and helps get heavy metal toxins out of the system and also lowers blood pressure.

4 comments:

  1. and what will they produce if they mate? that is such a cute picture pat. it looks like they're kissing.

    hopefully this will go through. i've been having trouble commenting lately on your and 1 other blog because it's so hard to figure out those security letters.

    take care,
    teresa in nagoya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, I like your view of that photo. Cute. I will try to get that security code off the blog. Thanks for reminding me and for writing. P

      Delete
  2. I have tried this fruit in the past, but did not realize the health benefits from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, Thanks for writing. I don't think I would buy this fruit again except that it is so healthy. It is kind of boring to eat. P

      Delete