Friday, August 7, 2009

La Nueva Posada Writer's Group

Anita asked me to have lunch with her at La Nueva Posada today, my last day before going back to the States. When we got there I noticed that the writer's group was having lunch in the garden. I always forget about it. When I first came here I was sure I would be going to every meeting. They meet at La Nueva Posada the first and third Friday of every month from ten a.m. to noon and then most of them have lunch in the garden.

Anita and I talked about all the things we thought we would be doing when we first arrived. There are so many interesting things to do here, things that we did not continue to pursue. I have heard this same story from several others. They start out like gang busters, joining groups and going to this and that function. Sooner or later they get tired and the activities drop off. There is just too much here to do and not enough time to do it all. We eventually pick and choose what is important and leave the rest to others. Now that I am writing on this blog and people are communicating with me, I have no reason to stand in front of that group of people and bare my soul. I do it here. Thanks for listening. I know I am high strung. I know my quirks and bad writings and I don't have the courage to listen to their feed back. I never liked reading out loud anyway, not since reading in the second grade when a little boy in class always yelled out the words before I could get to them. That ruined me forever as far as reading out loud was concerned. I don't bounce back easily from criticism. Okay, I don't bounce back at all.

2 comments:

  1. Dear,Patricia
    I think.you are very good writer!and love to read your writing which bear your soul.
    Have a safe journey to u s a and keep writing,there is some of us,looking forward to hearing from you,and care...
    min from va

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Min, Thank you for your continued support of my blog. You always give me such inspiring messages. I am not online yet with my computer. I am using my son's computer. Maybe in the next couple of days I will be online and using my new camera, too. It is here. I just haven't had the energy to learn how to use it yet. I spent the day going to yard sales. Patricia

    ReplyDelete