Monday, August 10, 2009

Arrival in Portland

I am in Portland now. The trip went okay except a two and a half hour wait for the plane to be fixed in L.A. That is okay. A wait is better than taking a malfunctioning plane. My son and daughter-in-law are living in a beautiful home. Nothing like being with family to remember what is important in this world. I have my new camera but don't know how to use it yet. Hopefully I will know by tonight. My son is playing a gig. I am looking forward to hearing his music again. All is well in my world at the moment. But I miss Mexico and Ajijic. Everything is so different up here. I feel like I have traveled into the future. We went to a huge box store yesterday. I was overwhelmed by all the people, buying and returning things. I also went to some yard sales and that was great. I bought three pairs of nice tennis shoes for less than ten dollars. Yard sales. I sure miss them in Mexico. I could do without all those box stores and parking lots and freeways.....

4 comments:

  1. Dear,Patricia
    Glad,you got to Portland OK.Enjoy your family while you are there.Time goes so fast...
    Before you know,you will back in Mexico..
    Have fun and create a lot a memory....
    min

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Min, Thank you for your good wishes. I appreciate your continued emotional support. I am enjoying my time here. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia,
    I understand your feelings towards box stores and the consumerism that plagues this country, but on the other hand Portland is a city that is active with change. I lived in Oregon for a few years and enjoyed Portland (even the rain!) so I hope you enjoy your time with family!

    -Shonet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shonet, Thank you for your comment. Yes, Portland is a beautiful city and if I were to live in the States again, I would live here. I am just having to adjust to this faster pace of life. Patricia

    ReplyDelete