Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Morning Thoughts

This is my favorite time of the year here. The weather is perfect for my taste, warm by early afternoon but not too hot. Like spring. I bought a flower and it bloomed almost immediately after I put it on my counter. Below is a photo of it. 

Hyacinth
It has a sweet fragrance and my room is scented with it. Below are some photos of plants in my small patio. The palms are growing so quickly that they are hiding all the mess of the barrier that my landlord made to keep that pit bull out. So far, so good. 





If you do not live here and if you ever consider visiting here, this is the time of year to come. After all the noise and crowds of the Christmas holiday and before more holidays arrive. It will start getting hot in a few weeks and then the rainy season will be upon us. Then another Christmas holiday. I hope to get out every day and enjoy this beautiful time of the year, before the beginning of the hot season and before the rains. 

One more photo. Olive in my window, enjoying the sunshine.

Check out the view. They have built another story on the house across the alley and now all I can see is that brick wall.  But Olive doesn't seem to mind. 

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy the weather! You have a beautiful patio, I love all the potted plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peter. Good to hear from you. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your beautiful plants. The trees are all bare now and there are very few flowers in the botanical garden. Days are short and I just want to sleep. Enjoy the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Donna, thanks for writing. I feel like taking naps in the afternoons too. I was just getting myself to wake up. P

      Delete
  4. Your posts remind me that Spring is somewhere out there! "Snow Day" today, but not much snow...just a little will close places around here.
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thanks for keeping in touch. It will get warm up there before long. P

      Delete
  5. Hi Karen. It will get warm up there before long. Thanks for keeping in touch with me. P

    ReplyDelete