Sunday, February 21, 2016

Morning Thoughts

The sun isn't up yet but I am guessing that we are going to have another beautiful, sunny day. Hopefully it will be warmer than yesterday morning. It is interesting to see people (mostly the Mexicans) bundled up in jackets, gloves and hats in the mornings.  

I am feeling so much better now that my knee isn't so painful and I can walk comfortably again. Deciding to continue with IMSS was a good decision for me. I like the woman doctor at the clinic. I trust her judgment. That is important. I don't particularly like Gabriel knowing all my health issues because he has to act as the interpreter but I trust him too.  I do know some Spanish. I can get along and get my needs met but not at the doctor's office because they all speak too fast for me.  And they do not have time to slow down enough for me to understand. 

The Chili Cook Off is coming up soon. Three days of excitement. I will go one or two days of it. Other than that, I spend most of my days alone at the spa and home in the afternoons, reading in my little garden. Or taking walks with Chico. Going to breakfast with Nicks and Dog. I have a simple life. But now that my knee is better, I may think of taking a trip somewhere in Mexico. I always say that but then I am too comfortable and happy here to actually go anywhere.

Pat, my friend from San Blas, is coming to visit me at the beginning of March. She loves to go out to eat here since there are few good restaurants in San Blas. She will go to the spa with me one or two days. I am looking forward to her visit.  I have known her for about fifteen years. She is one of my closest friends, even though we don't see each other very often. Seven hours on the bus from here to San Blas is a long trip.  And of course, I just wrote that I don't go anywhere. I just like to think about it.   And stay home.   

Today is going to be a house cleaning, laundry day for me. I will take a little walk with Chico after it warms up. I picked my second rose from my garden yesterday. Simple pleasures......   Life is good for me at the moment......  


2 comments:

  1. So glad that your have found some relief for you knee. Had my knee replaced in 2014 and it took me a year to feel whole again. It is such a wonder how pain affects your outlook on the entire life. Sunny and beautiful here, too, but I would not mind being in Mexico right now. :) Think I might have to wait for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathie, Thank you for your concern. I am relieved that I didn't have to have a knee replacement. Thanks for writing. P

      Delete