Monday, October 26, 2015

Vino Blanco's Baby

For you long time readers, I have an updated story about Vino Blanco's baby. It was about five years ago that she had a baby boy. She belonged to Pedro at the time. After a few days the man who was taking care of Vino Blanco and her baby told Pedro that the baby died. We were all very sad. Yesterday I ran into the new owner, Yves. He showed me photos of a grown up white donkey. He said that it was the baby that belonged to Vino Blanco. That he didn't die. There were bad scars all over his body from being used to bring wood down from the mountain all these years. Yves recognized his birthmarks. He took the baby, now grown up, back to his restaurant. So if you would like to see them together, go to Yves Restaurant out in West Ajijic. I like to hear stories with happy endings. Yves said that Vino Blanco was so excited to see her baby again. 

7 comments:

  1. What an incredible story. I hope that if you are at the restaurant you can take a photo of the baby and post it.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, I hope to have lunch there on Friday. I will take photos. P

      Delete
  2. I have seen Vino Blanco and spoken with Yves when I ate at the restaurant. What a heart warming story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see them both when we return to the area in February

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't go to see them until I return from San Blas. No time now. p

      Delete
  4. That would make a great children's story. You could write it, Patricia!
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete