Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Afternoon Thoughts

I just walked home from the Ajijic Hospital. I was sitting with my friend. She finally got in to see the doctor and she has Salmonella poisoning.

While I was waiting for her, I met the man who was hit by the falling Jacaranda tree limb in front of the shopping center. He had a broken ankle. He was positive about it. He said if the limb had fallen three inches closer, it would have hit his head and he would be dead now. Of course there is no such thing as shopping centers being responsible for falling tree limbs here. Or cities being responsible for holes in the sidewalks. You take your chances down here. No safety nets.

It rained last night and today it is cloudy. I expect it will start raining again very soon.  I am thinking of visiting a friend in Mazatlan. If I do go, it will have to be tomorrow. She has a time share that is only good until the 17th. I am not taking my computer. I am taking my i pad and my camera. I will write again on my blog after I return.   Don't worry about me. I will be having fun at the beach.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up Patricia ! But it did give me a chuckle. Have a wonderful time in Mazatlan. I have several times. Actually, it was where I went my first trip to Mexico. I stepped off the plane and felt like I had gone home. This was many years ago. Connie in Wa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie, Thanks for commenting. Yes, I have had that feeling about Mexico many times upon returning here. p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun......are you packing? Good time to get away from the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Pat, Yes, packing now. I don't like this rain. It makes my ankle hurt. Thanks for writing. Your friend, p

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your trip!
    Karen in VA

    ReplyDelete