Monday, February 25, 2013

Morning Thoughts-- The Elusive Perfect Molcajete



I already revealed in my last Morning Thoughts posting that I have a lot of free time by admitting that I enjoy looking through my spam folder on my e mail account. Now I am going to admit to day dreaming about purchasing the perfect Molcajete. Just in case you don't know what that is, just think of a grinding bowl made out of stone. It is used by the Mexicans for making salsas, guacamole and other things that I haven't discovered yet.

If they are made out of concrete to look like stone, then they can be dangerous. Food ground up in it can be poisonous. Thus the search.   But they all look the same to me. I have several friends with them but it appears to me that they are never used. They just become decorative items, more things to clutter up their kitchen counters.  I hope that doesn't happen to me. I don't have a kitchen, a kitchen sink or kitchen counters, yet I think I need a molcajete.  I have strange values.

So today I am going to the local health food store to scope out what they have on hand. I have seen them there and the sales person assured me that they are genuine Mexican molcajetes and not China knock offs made with cement and ground stone and formed in a mold. Busy day by my standards. I lead a very simple life here.  I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment